Meet The Speaker
Cllr. VB Ntombela
The Speaker: Councilor VB Ntombela
Address: Private Bag X 5521
Phone: 0834985545 (Cell)
STATUTORY FUNCTIONS OF THE SPEAKER
- Presides at all meetings of the Council and signs the minutes of the Council meetings.
- Maintains order during meetings of the Council and ensures that the meetings are conducted in compliance with the Council's Rules of Order.
- Performs all other duties assigned to him/her in the Council's Rules of Order.
- Ensures compliance in the Council with the Code of Conduct as set out in Schedule 1 to the Systems Act.
OTHER FUNCTIONS OF THE SPEAKER
- Chairs committees such as the Rules and Order Committee.
- Establishing and functioning of Ward Committees.
LINE OF AUTHORITY
- Reports to Council.
POWERS DELEGATED TO THE SPEAKER
- Initiates any investigation or enquiry into suspected or alleged impropriety by councilors or any alleged breaches of the Council's Code of Conduct.